Your Burden is Our Business!

Call Us
01923 233129


Income Tax

Income Tax is tax on the Income that you earn. The income is taxed differently for different amounts and income below a certain level may not be taxed at all. With legislation constantly changing, it means that not only are the returns becoming more difficult to understand, but one can also run the risk of incurring penalties for failing to complete their returns on time or correctly.

We can save you a lot of time, worry, and money by handling your Self-Assessment for you. We will do all the necessary computations, complete your Return and even offer advice on how you can minimise your Tax Liability.

  • Employments, Self-Employments and Partnerships
  • Company Directors
  • Pensions and Benefit Income
  • Interest and Dividend Income
  • Land and Property Income

Inheritance Tax

Inheritance Tax is applied on all monetary possessions which have a value greater than £325,000 which is left behind at the time of death, also known as your ‘Estate’. The earlier you make the arrangements, the greater your chance of taking full advantage of the tax opportunities available and thereby maximising the amount which goes to your beneficiaries.

We will

  • Help you to draw up and review your Estate to make sure your provisions are as tax friendly as possible
  • Help you to understand how to make full use of Exemptions and Lower Tax Rates by passing on assets whilst you are alive
  • Advise you about Lifetime Transfers between Husband and Wife or Civil Partners
  • Advise you about transferring agricultural or business property


CIS registration is required for contractors and subcontractors in the construction sector. As well as those contractors and subcontractors taking part in mainstream construction work, the CIS scheme also relates to contractors and subcontractors in those businesses of which the core activity is not construction based, but has a high year expense on construction. We can help you register for this scheme with HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC).

Tax Refund

As you have been working on a CIS basis during the Tax Year you are likely to be due a Tax Refund. If you have not yet claimed your Tax Refund, now would be a good time to file your claim as there may be late filing penalties if the Tax Return is not filed on time. We are a firm of Professional Accountants and Tax Advisors specialising in the Construction Industry. We deal extensively with CIS/Construction Tax Refund claims throughout the UK.

Over the past three years, our agents have helped many people like you claim back thousands of pounds in overpaid taxes by helping them complete and submit their tax returns. All our advisors are professionally trained and are specialists in this field who deal with HMRC on a regular basis. The growth of our client base every year has been predominantly due to recommendations given by others about our top-notch value of service.

Every year, millions of pounds are left unclaimed and fall straight into the pockets of the tax man as many people fail to deliver self assessment tax returns in the correct fashion. Hence, often failing to claim for work related expenses of which they are entitled to. Many people don’t fully understand the tax system and the benefits of being on the C.I.S Scheme, therefore do not know that they are entitled to claim a refund of tax if an overpayment has occurred. A recent study has shown that 90% of individuals on the C.I.S Scheme are entitled to a refund but less than 30% submit correct returns

It is down to you to make a claim

The Tax Office (HMRC) will not inform you if a refund is due!

Claims can go back up to 4 years!
Download Tax
Refund Form

We may contact you before processing your tax return and may ask for additional information relating to any pensions, trusts, student loans, etc. you may have which must be included in the tax return.

To use our No Win No Fee service just complete the form attached and send it back to us along with all you’re C.I.S, Statements, Payslips/P45 and P60 slips. We will then calculate all your earnings and taxes paid whilst legally claiming the maximum relief of expenses that you have incurred. We then submit your return on your behalf and will request any repayment to be sent out to us immediately. Most claims take a maximum of 6 to10 weeks.

Every new client is given a specific tax agent to deal with, so you will speak to the same tax agent each time you contact us. We don’t want to be another faceless unfriendly company.

We at Eurohaven Accountants, we believe this approach works well for us and our clients

To download our Tax Refund form, Press Here!

We now have all the information we need to complete your tax return and calculate your tax refund. It is most important that ALL CIS /Annual STATEMENTS/P45/P60 forms are sent to us including any Benefits Income. If any of these are missing and not sent to us, your tax calculation will be incorrect and you will be increasing the risk of a tax investigation.

Please send us both the completed Eurohaven form together with the signed and dated Agent Authorisation form 64-8. These 3 completed pages are all we need to process your claim, but don’t forget to include all of your C.I.S deduction slips (some people may have worked for P.A.Y.E.).

For any queries whatsoever, please contact us directly during office hours.

*All personal information disclosed is dealt with under the Data Protection Act and shall not be released or shared with any 3rd parties*

Capital Gains Tax

Along with inheritance tax, capital gains tax is often referred to as a voluntary tax. With careful prior tax planning, it is often possible to reduce or totally avoid capital gains tax. Depending on your circumstances, we may be able to reduce or delay the payment of your capital gains tax liability.

Eurohaven Accountants we can reduce the amount of capital gains tax assessable by:

  • Maximising your claim for all valid tax deductions:
    • Professional Fees
    • Enhancement expenditure
    • Indexation Allowance (for disposals before the 6 April 2008)
  • Claiming all eligible reliefs:
    • Entrepreneurs Relief (for disposals since the 5th  April 2008)
    • Taper Relief (for disposals before the 6th  April 2008)
    • Principal Private Residence Relief
    • Lettings Relief
    • Gift Relief
    • Set-off against current year or brought forward capital losses.
  • Making use of all available exemptions:
    • Chattel Exemption
    • Annual Exemption
  • Reviewing whether any elections could benefit you, such as nominating your principal private residence, if you own and occupy more than one house
  • Crystallising the “paper loss” on equity investments. This may be possible by submitting a negligible value claim rather than through an actual sale
  • Considering emigrating overseas and becoming non-domiciled, for UK capital gains tax purposes
  • Examining whether trusts or pension funds could be used as a capital gains tax planning device
  • Considering changing the ownership of the asset, particularly if your spouse has unused annual exemptions for the current year or brought forward capital losses
  • Restructuring the asset held. This can be particularly useful within areas of corporate finance, where equities can be exchanged for loan notes, which can be redeemed over a number of years, taking advantage of more than one year’s worth of annual exemption

Eurohaven accountants can delay when the capital gains tax is payable by:

  • Influencing the timing of the sale, including considering whether the disposal can be spread over more than one tax year, to maximise available reliefs and exemptions
  • Delaying payment of tax on the assessable capital gain by reinvesting the proceeds and claiming:
    • Rollover Relief
    • Holdover Relief
    • Deferral Relief

The most popular Capital Gains Tax service we offer is calculating your current exposure to this tax, and then discussing your options for restructuring your affairs to reduce this tax.

Agreeing your capital gains tax liability with HM Revenue & Customs is achieved by completing the capital gains supplementary pages of a normal self-assessment tax return. Clients who are fearful that this gain may be investigated by “The Revenue” may wish to consider taking out our fee protection insurance.

Seek our advice in structuring your financial affairs and rest assured that you will not be paying any more capital gains tax than you absolutely have to. In addition, we shall complete all of the necessary paperwork for you and communicate with “The Revenue”, to agree the liability, on your behalf.


VAT (Value Added Tax) is a tax on goods and services. It is charged on most goods and services that VAT-registered businesses provide in the UK. The tax you pay will be the difference between the VAT received from your customers buying goods and services (output tax) and VAT paid in the price of purchased goods and services (the so-called input tax).

There are three rates of VAT, depending on the goods or services the business provides. The rates are:

  • standard - 20 per cent
  • reduced - 5 per cent
  • zero - 0 per cent

There are also some goods and services that are:

  • exempt from VAT
  • outside the UK VAT system altogether

Value added Tax (VAT) is one of the most complicated taxes imposed on businesses. Many businesses overpay or underpay VAT.

We provide an effective VAT service, which includes:

  • VAT Registration
  • VAT reconciliation to your bank statements and invoices.
  • Advice on the most appropriate scheme e.g. Cash or Accruals Accounting or Flat Rate Scheme.
  • Help with completing VAT Returns
  • Planning to minimise future problems with HMRC
  • Negotiating with HMRC in disputes and representing you at VAT Tribunals
  • Processing of VAT Returns online to minimise your administration time.

At Eurohaven Accountants, our team members make use of specialist accounting software to prepare for your VAT returns. We will also advise you on what expenses are allowable so you reclaim as much as possible.

Corporation Tax

Corporation Tax is a tax/levy charged on the taxable profits for a business. The tax rate depends on the amount of profit a company makes. We at Eurohaven accountants provide preparation of annual corporation tax returns and can assure you that with us, you will have to pay as little as legally possible. For UK Tax-Paying organisations that want to manage their tax obligation efficiently, Eurohaven Accountants provides a wealth of Corporation Tax Services:

Require more information?